This Privacy Statement was published on 20 August 2021.
Modderfontein Golf Club is committed to protect and respect your privacy in compliance with the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (POPIA). This privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. This Privacy Statement applies to the use of our products and to our sales, marketing and customer contract fulfilment activities. It also applies to individuals seeking a job at Modderfontein Golf Club.
Who are we?
Modderfontein Golf Club is part of the leisure and recreation industry. Success depends on maintaining the high level of customer service expected by golfers. Customer retention is critical to our bottom line. If the golfers are satisfied with their experience at the golf facility, they will keep coming back. You want your customers to play more often and spend more money each time they visit. A golf club’s revenue streams include green fees or membership dues, golf cart rentals, and food and beverage sales. Gabriel Clamp is the Information Officer on behalf of Modderfontein Golf Club and can be contacted by email at:
When do we collect personal data about you?
● When you interact with us in person, through correspondence, by phone, by social media, or through our websites.
● When we collect personal information from other legitimate sources, such as thirdparty data aggregators, public sources or social networks. We only use this data if you have given your consent to them to share your personal data with others.
● We may collect personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest and if this interest is not overridden by your privacy interests. Before data is collected, we make sure an assessment is made, ensuring that there is an established mutual interest between you and Modderfontein Golf Club.
● We may collect information for market specific reasons.
Why do we collect and use personal data?
We collect and use personal data mainly to Maintain a Handicap and arrange Golf Tournaments for you.
We may use your information for the following purposes:
● Send you marketing communications which you have requested. These may include information about our products and services, events, activities, and promotions of our associated partners’ products and services. This communication is subscription based and requires your consent.
● Send you information about the products and services that you have purchased from us.
● Perform direct sales activities in cases where legitimate and mutual interest is established.
● Provide you content and venue details on a webinar or event you signed up for.
● Reply to an ‘Contact Us’ / “Lets Chat” or other web forms you have completed on www.Modgolf.co.za
● Follow up on incoming requests (customer support, emails, chats, or phone calls).
● Perform contractual obligations such as order your Handicap CARD, invoice, Statements, reminders, and similar.
● The contract may be with Modderfontein Golf Club Services directly or an associate partner.
● Notify you about any disruptions to our services.
● Contact you to conduct surveys about your opinion on our products and services.
● Process a job application
Our legal basis for collecting personal data
Collecting personal data based on consents
The collection of personal data based on consent from the data subject will be done by using “Subscribe buttons” that will store documentation related to the consent given by the individual. Individual consents will always be stored and documented in our systems. Collecting personal data based on contracts- We use personal information for fulfilling our obligations related to contracts and agreements with customers, partners and suppliers.
Collecting personal data based on legitimate interest
We may use personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if the privacy interests of the data subjects do not override this interest. Normally, to establish the legal basis for data collection, an assessment has been made during which a mutual interest between Modderfontein Golf Club and the individual person has been identified. This legal basis is primarily related to our sales and marketing purposes. We will always inform individuals about their privacy rights and the purpose for collecting personal data.
What type of personal data is collected?
We collect name, ID Numbers, phone number, title and email address, and CVS in addition to your company’s name and contact information. We may also collect feedback, comments and questions received from you in service-related communication and activities, such as meetings, phone calls, documents, and emails. For our websites and CRM technology we may collect IP-address and actions taken on the site. If you upload photos or videos, add posts or comments, etc. on our social media websites the information can be read by anyone with access to these social media websites and used for purposes over which Modderfontein Golf Club or you have no control. Therefore, Modderfontein Golf Club is not responsible for any information you submit to the social media platforms. If you apply for a job at Modderfontein Golf Club, we collect the data you provide during the application process. Modderfontein Golf Club does not collect or process any special categories of personal data, such as public unique identifiers or sensitive personal data. It is stored on our company’s online drive.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We store personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the personal data was collected, while also considering our need to answer your queries or resolve possible problems, to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws, to attend to any legal claims/complaints, and for safeguarding purposes. Stored on our server. This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we have collected is no longer required, we will delete it in a secure manner. We may process data for statistical purposes, but in such cases, data will be anonymized.
Your rights to your personal data:
● The right to request a copy of your personal data that Modderfontein Golf Club holds about you.
● The right to request that Modderfontein Golf Club corrects your personal data if inaccurate or out of date.
● The right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for Modderfontein Golf Club to retain such data.
● The right to withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time. For example, your consent to receive e-marketing communications:
● If you want to withdraw your consent to e-marketing, please make use of the link (unsubscribe) to manage your subscriptions included in our communication. Please note that you may still receive system messages and administrative communications from Modderfontein Golf Club, such as order confirmations, system messages and notifications about your account activities.
● The right to request that Modderfontein Golf Club provides you with your personal data and, if possible, to pass on this information directly (in a
portable format) to another when the processing is based on consent or contract.
● The right to request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
● The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing.
We do not share, sell, rent, or trade your information with any third parties without your consent, except from what is described below:
Third-party Product Providers we work in association with- We work closely with various third-party product providers to bring you a range of products and services. When you enquire about or purchase one or more of these products, the relevant third-party product provider will use your details to provide you with information and carry out their obligations arising from any contracts you have entered into with them. These third-party product providers will share your information with us, which we will use in accordance with this Privacy Statement. If required by law- We will disclose your personal information if required by law or if we, as a company, reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our company’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process. However, we will do what we can to ensure that your privacy rights
continue to be protected.
Use of sub-contractors (processors and sub-processors)
Changes to this Privacy Statement Modderfontein Golf Club Services reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time. The applicable version will always be found on our websites. We encourage you to check this Privacy Statement occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes. If we make changes that significantly alter our privacy practices, we will notify you by email or post a notice on our websites prior to the change taking effect.
Your right to complain with a supervisory authority
If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been processed, you may, in the first instance, contact Gabriel Clamp at:
If you remain dissatisfied, then you have the right to apply directly to your national supervisory authority for a decision. The supervisory authorities can be contacted at:
Signed on behalf of Modderfontein Golf Club:
G Clamp Information Officer
Authorised V1. 2021
Date: 20 August 2021